do I have adsl

Old July 4th 03, 08:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart

Default do I have adsl

"Chris Buckley" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 22:13:53 +0100 and in article [email protected]
65688.news.dfncis.de, Stuart said...

I would ask you give me one example of this.

Well the little green led on my Dlink-504 is blinking right now.

So even when no data is being transferred your DLink still flashes
green?

Yes. Other lights indicate data activity.

I very much doubt this.

Why?

I state that the only time your green
LED blinks is either when it is logging onto the network or when the
modem/router is handling data flow.

So why should anybody believe you when my eyes agree with the DSL-504 manual
which states: "Status - Light steady during ADSL negotiation phase. Once the
connection has been settled the light will blink green"?

Oh - and its not the only one to exhibit this behaviour. Which is why
whenever I fit a device I am humble enough to ROFM ... then I don't get it
wrong.

--
Stuart

Old July 4th 03, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart

"Stuart" wrote in message

Most, I agree, follow the blink/steady routine. But there are sufficient

catch you out. So never rely on a blink to tell you anything about a

device
you don't already know.

Oh - and there was one model that didn't blink at all!

Really had my head scratching. Finally I RTFM to find it had an on/off
switch... Doh!!!

--
Stuart