Vigor 2600 firewall facility

Old July 4th 03, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
scofer

Default Vigor 2600 firewall facility

Hello,

Is the firewall on the vigor 2600 adsl router any good? Does it have many
features?

For instance, could I say, close all ports in one go and enable only the
ports I want open?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old July 4th 03, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:50:20 +0000 (UTC), "scofer"
wrote:

Is the firewall on the vigor 2600 adsl router any good? Does it have many
features?

It is OK - if you can afford a separate firewall buy one.

For instance, could I say, close all ports in one go and enable only the
ports I want open?

You can - it has what is to me an unusal way of setting the filters
and the method is not well documented. However if you have a look at
the Draytek support forum you will see answers to almost every
firewall/filter scenario. Also choose the firmware version you use
carefully - a look at the support forum will tell you what I mean.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker