SAGEM Fast modem problem

Old July 4th 03, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Cooper

Default SAGEM Fast modem problem

[Posted and mailed]

(Gregor Spowart) wrote:

Martin Cooper wrote in message

(Gregor Spowart) wrote:

SNIP

Hi,
not sure this will help, but I have had similar problems with win2k,

and
have resolved them by selecting the 'my computer' icon (I think, I'm not

on
win2k ATM so cannot check) then right clicking and selecting the

'redetect
hardware' option. Might be worth a try.

Thanks, but I can't seem to find that option on Win2K. It's not the
'Search for New Hardware' option is it?

Hi,
I'm not sure, I'm using XP ATM, so cannot easily check. But I had a
problem like this at work where I use win2k, and the fix was to force
hardware redetection. As I remember it, the option was seperate to
searching for new hardware. Sorry, I keep moving between different versions
of windows so frequently ATM that I get mixed up which settings are in which
version. I'll forward your email address to work, and take a look on Monday
if that helps. For some reason, I keep thinking it is in device manager,
but IIRC win2k does not have a device manager, or have I got that wrong ?
If it is in device manager, you will see it when you right click on the
computer icon at the top of the device tree. If not, I'll email you from
work on Monday and let you know.

--
Martin