Wireless broadband

Old July 4th 03, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Duntemann

Default Wireless broadband

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:47:37 +0100, Jennifer Moore
wrote:

hi Andrew & everyone

re wireless
I have found very little info on this subject
other than the product vendors who seem to be understandably geared towards
the business community rather than individual users.

I was looking into wireless (from a perspective of "intelligent but
ignorant") recently and found a book which I thought was excellent,
"Jeff Duntemann's Drive-By Wi-Fi Guide", Paraglyph Press, 2003. Got it
in Waterstones. I thought it was very well written, vivid and clear, a
cut above your average techie book (and I'm a writer). It doesn't
assume that you already know about networking in general. 23 quid, but
you might be lucky and get it from the library.

Jennifer--

Many thanks for the nice review. It was a fun book to write and I was
unaware it was available in the UK.

I've long wondered what a "quid" was--I guess I need more British
friends--and I assume it's slang for "pound."

Good luck and thanks again.

--73--

--Jeff Duntemann
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA