Force9 / Plusnet problems

Old July 4th 03, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jik Ronson

Default Force9 / Plusnet problems

My view was no ISP is perfect. No company is perfect. Why? Becuase they are
run by people who ain't perfect.

Ive had minor problems with plusnet - but in fairness, the 3 minor problems
were all my own doing. I think the tech guys - who if you speak to them on
the phone seem reasonable and helpful enough, assume all the basic kid-proof
errors are checked as per all the FAQ guides etc, and it must be frustrating
to have to weed out lots of calls for help that actually bothering to read
the documentation would cure.

I'm no stranger to rude, angry customers. I work for BT. (OK son - put the
gun down). Some times they have good cause to be rude and angry - yet Ive
never found a customer who my firm have actually cocked around, to be rude
and angry. On the other hand, Ive found plenty who scream and shout loud
when the fault has been user error.

What makes people like this? I don't know. Today - for example (a bit off
track perhaps) I encountered
1) "Your ****ing firm is useless - what centurary do you call this. I bet
you go to work with a paper bag on your head working for BT. When are we
actually going to get broadband here?"
- Answer "Both of your neighbours have it - have you actually tried ordering
it?"

....SILENCE...."You're still a bunch of ******s, look at the state of the
pavement here where you've had it dug up."
-Answer - That was so we could get the broadband to your neighbours"
......SILENCE 'Oh **** off, I'll switch to NTL if they ever get cables here"
Answer - "They have". Door slams in face......

Customer charged 55.00 for visit - job complete, "Customer refused Access".

2) Customer has been waiting since February for 2 lines - has NO phone
service. Arrived today to find still not complete. ME: "It's been a few
months and still nothing?"
ANSWER "No, it's been very difficult to get by - but I've read the stuff
you left me last time and I understand why it has taken so long - they say
another 2 weeks to close the road to lay a new cable".
Customer nice, pleasant although obviously been messed around. Result:
"I notice the waterboard have the road closed this weekend to dig in a
pipe - I'll nip in and pull a cable in to get you working tommorow"

-1- You catch more bee's with honey than you do vinegar
-2- If the answer is nearby that resolves your troubles don't blame someone
else for pointing it out.

Im sad that the chap felt let down by Plusnet. I've used their online FAQ
for setting up newsreader software and had no trouble. It would be much more
useful to let them know where you had trouble or how they could improve
their guide - not just slate them for being unhelpful when the answer was
always already there.