Line Noise

Old July 5th 03, 01:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lek

Default Line Noise

Rule of thumb is.....

Get your head down to the phone point (NTE5) and listen VERY carefully.....
if you hear the seaside then you are stuffed !!

"Chris Bond" wrote in message
I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to the tech side of broadband.

Through various post and articles I've heard that line noise should'nt be
over 55db for a good BB service.

So imagine my concern when I saw this summary page while logged into the
Dlink 504 router i'm using.

Protocol ADSL State Showtime
Data Path Fast
Operation Mode G.DMT

Downstream Upstream
Line Status ADSL Link Speed 576 kbps 288 kbps
SNR 4.5 dB -
ATEN 68 dB 31 dB
Line Error ADSL layer FEC 6 0
CRC 130 618
ATM layer HEC 33 277
Frame Counter 163392 156961

Loop Distance: About 14 K ft.

The 68db figure is the problem, is this line noise?

Can I do anything about it?

If my BB works is it a case of "it works don't worry about it"?

Thanks for any help

Chris