Splitter Advice :)

Old July 5th 03, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
g00se

Default Splitter Advice :)

Bought an Ebuyer cheapy 1.99 filter on the off chance it might be okay - it
is awful! Horrific buzz on the telephone line and the DSL keeps dropping out
when it is connected through it.

Please could I have recommendations of a splitter that works? The ones that
Pipex sent to my parents house when I set their adsl up are perfect, but I
can't find the manufacturer of them.

Line Attenuation 38.9dB Downstream 19.5dB Upstream

Old July 5th 03, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Cooper

"g00se" wrote:

Bought an Ebuyer cheapy 1.99 filter on the off chance it might be okay -

it
is awful! Horrific buzz on the telephone line and the DSL keeps dropping

out
when it is connected through it.

Please could I have recommendations of a splitter that works? The ones

that
Pipex sent to my parents house when I set their adsl up are perfect, but I
can't find the manufacturer of them.

Line Attenuation 38.9dB Downstream 19.5dB Upstream

I'd recommend the exelsus filters available here
http://www.dslsource.co.uk/product_d...?idProduct=112 I know several
people that use these filters with various pieces of equipment, and have not
heard of anyone having a problem with them.

--

Martin
Old July 5th 03, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Pilbeam

http://www.thecaretaker.org.uk/microfilters

Old July 5th 03, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Uncle Wobbly

or you can get the ones from Maplin - expensive but do the job and if you
are desperate and have a Maplins nearby, you'd be up and running in 10 mins
or so.

Old July 6th 03, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MARKG7MVO

In article ,
says...
:
: Please could I have recommendations of a splitter that works? The ones that
: Pipex sent to my parents house when I set their adsl up are perfect, but I
: can't find the manufacturer of them.
:
: Line Attenuation 38.9dB Downstream 19.5dB Upstream
:
:

I have been using the cheapo ebuyer ones for a few months now and haven't
experienced the same problems, perhaps I got some decent ones and they are now
selling crap.

Mark.