D-Link DSL-504

Old July 5th 03, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Urban Bettag
Junior Member

Default D-Link DSL-504

Hi!

I had several times problems to get my router working with Clara.Net.
First, I had the Zoom X3 and then I bought a D-Link DSL-504 (a router
listed/recommended on their web site).

Initially the Zoom X3 worked fine without any problems, but suddenly
the connection was dropped after a while (it varried from 3 to 30
minutes). I then decided to change the router and bought a D-Link
router.

The D-Link worked fine for a few hours. Then it showed the same
symptoms and the connection was dropped. The router has the latest
firmware and should work fine.

Any help or idea would be great.

Many thanks,
Urban

Old July 6th 03, 08:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve B

Noisy BT line? Listen for crackles on your telephone. Even dodgy street
lights in your area or light dimmers in your home can cause big time
interference. TV's can send out a lot of rubbish as well.

You can often hear the junk on a long wave portable radio. ADSL is more or
less a long wave transmission/reception system so is prone to picking up the
same stuff as a radio. Even using a different power outlet for the router
could have an effect if interference is your problem.

My DSL-500 didn't like a cheapo (Ebuyer) microfilter, it wouldn't hold a
sync, but it's not dropped a connection in 10 months with a BT ADSL master
socket.

Old July 6th 03, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Urban Bettag
Junior Member

My DSL-500 didn't like a cheapo (Ebuyer) microfilter, it wouldn't hold a
sync, but it's not dropped a connection in 10 months with a BT ADSL master
socket.

The line should be okay and I have one of those master sockets from BT as
well.

Last time when I had the problem I got a "LCP No Response" error message. I
guess
this is what you get when the signal is down.