etec router and email problems

Old July 5th 03, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
djbateman

Default etec router and email problems

hi, ive just installed an etec router and ive got mine and my mums
computer running fine over the broadband, the problem however appears
when we try to send email with outlook express using our talk21.com
accounts.

i get the following error:

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
'. Subject 'test', Account: 'in.talk21.com', Server:
'out.talk21.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail to
hotmail.com is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

whoever i send an email to i get this error, does anyone know what the
server error 550 is?? it worked before i swapped to broadband so im not
sure whats going on!

ive set it all up so i could have missed something or it may be a
problem with my isp freeola?

cheers.
dave
http://web2news.com/?uk.telecom.broadband
Old July 5th 03, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
g00se

"djbateman" wrote in message

ive set it all up so i could have missed something or it may be a
problem with my isp freeola?

You are trying to relay using a mail server that you do not have permission
to use. You only have permission to use this mail server when you are
connected to the relevant isp, in this case, talk21.com

The most practical resolution is to change out.talk21.com to the relay
server of your current isp.

Old July 5th 03, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mugwump

In an article dated Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:48:02 +0200,
djbateman made the earth move by saying......

[...]

Were you with BT before you went broadband with Freeola. If so, you may
have to be dialled in through a BT account to use Talk21
--
Mugwump

To reply, replace INVALID with pipex{dot}com