Ready for service date?

Old July 5th 03, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Craig L

Default Ready for service date?

Hi.

My local exchange (Risca, Gwent) has been given a Ready For Service date of July 16th.
Does this mean that I can actually have broadband on the 16th or is that the date the BT
engineers go in and start? If so how long will it normally take to fit the ADSL gear?

TIA.

Cheers.

Craig.

--
Craig L.
ZZR600 owner

Old July 5th 03, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Hi.

My local exchange (Risca, Gwent) has been given a Ready For Service
date of July 16th. Does this mean that I can actually have broadband
on the 16th or is that the date the BT engineers go in and start?

If
so how long will it normally take to fit the ADSL gear?

TIA.

Cheers.

Craig.

You should be ok by the begining of August but these dates have been
known to slide

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 5th 03, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Jones

My local exchange (Risca, Gwent) has been given a Ready
For Service date of July 16th. Does this mean that I can
actually have broadband on the 16th or is that the date the BT
engineers go in and start? If so how long will it normally
take to fit the ADSL gear?

The RFS date is the date at which the exchange will have been upgraded to
ADSL.

So, on July 16th, you can order ADSL just like anyone else, and should get
it within the normal 7-10 day ordering period.

Old July 6th 03, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Craig L

My local exchange (Risca, Gwent) has been given a Ready
For Service date of July 16th. Does this mean that I can
actually have broadband on the 16th or is that the date the BT
engineers go in and start? If so how long will it normally
take to fit the ADSL gear?

snip
My exchange was enabled at 3.30 on a Tuesday, as I was actually
sitting at the machine when I saw the modem synch with the exchange
When I checked my email the next day there was an email from F9
telling me my ADSL was active.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll have look around for a decent ISP at the right price.

Cheers again.

Craig.