Can anyone help? Telewest Broadband availablility

Old July 6th 03, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EK Driver

Default Can anyone help? Telewest Broadband availablility

My situation is, Telewest cable is available to my street, but only up
to the house in front of mine, BT has no plan to upgrade our exchange
in the near future, neither of them provide broadband services to my
house.
I have been kept asking telewest about the possiblility of getting
connection they have sent people around to investigate for a couple of
times and they once offered me a deal as if I pay for the
construction, they would expand the cable to my house, but the price
was too expensive. The nearest house that has telewest service is just
about 10 metres away but the problem is there is a road in between
us. so the cable has to be hidden under the road to minimise the
damage by cars or whatever. I have spoken to different people in
telewest but most of them were telesales persons, is it possible for
me to speak to somebody who deals with construction directly? in
writing?
Thanks!