Broadband advice?

Old July 6th 03, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

Default Broadband advice?

I'm getting BT Broadband (ASDL) on 21/8 and I was wondering if anyone has
advice for me before/during/after installation? Cheers.

Bobby

Old July 6th 03, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Get a firewall (Zone Alarm) and install it before you connect your PC up !

Old July 6th 03, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Get a firewall (Zone Alarm) and install it before you connect your PC up !
Ignore this advice. ZA is buggy and there are far better firewalls out
there.

Whereas i`ve not got a problem with mine.

Either way, a firewall is to be highly recommended :-)

If you`ve got a USB modem, install the drivers *before* you plug the
thing in, or in some cases, it can go tits up and screw up windoze :-p
Old July 6th 03, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Coates

In article , Bobby
writes
I'm getting BT Broadband (ASDL) on 21/8 and I was wondering if anyone has
advice for me before/during/after installation? Cheers.

get a router

--
Andrew Coates
Old July 7th 03, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 00:19:16 +0100, "trappeduser"
wrote:

Nortons firewall does the trick, okay you have to PAY for it but do
you want protection?

There are several free firewalls, just because you pay for something
doesn't mean its any better.

I wouldn't touch anything by Norton after using their performance
optimiser a few years ago - it trashed every .exe and .com file on my
PC.

Andrew.
Old July 10th 03, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

http://thanks.for.****.all

"Chris Buckley" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:26:13 +0100 and in article bechgo$gp3$1
@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk, Bobby said...
Tell me more...

http://groups.google.com

--
Chris Buckley

Old July 10th 03, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
D Side

"CB" wrote in message
"Don't have time to read illiterate, top posting, morons"

But you have time to reply to them.....

Old July 11th 03, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

USENET etiquette:

Best practice = (1) quote and reply
So-so = (2) top post
Morons = (3) don't quote and post at bottom.

"CB" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:04:34 +0100 and in article bek6b3$hpd$1
@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk, Bobby said...
http://thanks.for.****.all

"Chris Buckley" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:26:13 +0100 and in article bechgo$gp3$1
@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk, Bobby said...
Tell me more...

http://groups.google.com

--
Chris Buckley

Don't have time to read illiterate, top posting, morons.

*PLONK*
--
CB

Old July 11th 03, 12:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:33:25 +0100, "Bobby" wrote:

USENET etiquette:

Best practice = (1) quote and reply
So-so = (2) top post
Morons = (3) don't quote and post at bottom.

Bobby = (4) Top posts and can't be arsed to trim his posts.

Andrew.