'extended reach' ADSL trials

Old July 6th 03, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Default 'extended reach' ADSL trials

"Phil" wrote in message
Hi,

Have the 'extended reach' ADSL trials started? If so, can anyone
report their experience.

Phil

I'm 7km away (-68dB) - it works for me and has done for best part of a year
now.

JD

Old July 9th 03, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Rodgers

"johnydeath" wrote in message
I'm 7km away (-68dB) - it works for me and has done for best part of a

year
now.

I'm 5.5km and 62db away and they refuse to install. How did you manage?
--
Michael Rodgers, Plymouth UK

Old July 12th 03, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

"Mark&Lisa" wrote in message
Michael Rodgers wrote:
"johnydeath" wrote in message

I'm 7km away (-68dB) - it works for me and has done for best part of a

year

now.

I'm 5.5km and 62db away and they refuse to install. How did you manage?
--
Michael Rodgers, Plymouth UK

did you try pipex?

Thats who I am with, however I may have been lucky with any provider. I
signed up as soon as my exchange was enabled, just before BT improved their
Broadband Availability Check. When I originally put my phone number in I got
a 'Yes' reply so off I went. After a couple of months it changed to a 'may
be available'.

If I check now I get 'Your exchange has broadband ADSL. However, the length
of the telephone line between you and the exchange is too long for broadband
ADSL.'

By the book then I would agree - but here I am typing this, updating my
virus definitions, downloading some MP3s quite happily.

BTW as I posted on this group many months ago, my connection was originally
dogged with sync problems (could connect during day but no sync from dusk
til dawn) until I went from a USB modem to a Router.

Rgds
JD