Router Lockup

Old July 7th 03, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Router Lockup

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 17:28:45 +0100, Chris Buckley
wrote:

I am pretty sure i know what is causing this. P2P apps open up
hundreds, sometimes THOUSANDS, of ports. Your router just wont be able
to handle that sort of traffic if you are NAT'ed. Turn off NAT and all
should be ok.

Thanks Chris,

Just so I'm sure... How would I access the net from client machines
(there are three all with static IP) without NAT? Would it be enough
to put the file sharing machine in the DMZ?

Thanks for your help.