Vigor2600We setup

Old July 7th 03, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hall

Default Vigor2600We setup

Hi all,

None to suprisingly Im back and stuck with my broadband setup. Having bought
the Draytek Vigor 2600We I have attached all cables as per the instructions
Im unable to access the internet. All the lights on the vigor are correctly
lit and I even have a small symbol on my taskbar stating that a 100Mbps LAN
connection is available. I have tried running the Smartwizard from the
supplied software and it states that it can't find my router?!. Any ideas
anyone?

Old July 7th 03, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Neil Pollicott

"Andrew Hall" wrote in message
Hi all,

None to suprisingly Im back and stuck with my broadband setup. Having

bought
the Draytek Vigor 2600We I have attached all cables as per the

instructions
Im unable to access the internet. All the lights on the vigor are

correctly
lit and I even have a small symbol on my taskbar stating that a 100Mbps

LAN
connection is available. I have tried running the Smartwizard from the
supplied software and it states that it can't find my router?!. Any ideas
anyone?

Perhaps best to point you towards
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/v2600_shooter.html

Let us know if you are still having problems.

--
Neil Pollicott www.cti-uk.com
Replace Spam with neil to mail me.

Old July 7th 03, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:14:48 +0100, "Andrew Hall"
wrote:

None to suprisingly Im back and stuck with my broadband setup. Having bought
the Draytek Vigor 2600We I have attached all cables as per the instructions
Im unable to access the internet. All the lights on the vigor are correctly
lit and I even have a small symbol on my taskbar stating that a 100Mbps LAN
connection is available. I have tried running the Smartwizard from the
supplied software and it states that it can't find my router?!. Any ideas
anyone?

With the cable connected between your PC and the Draytek try and ping
it on its default address (see the manual for this). If you can't
what IP address does your PC have? If taken from the DHCP server on
the Draytek is will end .10 - otherwise your fixed IP address on the
PC is probably wrong. Try setting your PC to get the address from the
Draytek DHCP server. Try to ping again.

Once you can ping the Draytek, telnet to it to configure it. I don't
like the wizard and telnet is much better.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old July 7th 03, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bof

In message , Neil Pollicott
writes

"Andrew Hall" wrote in message
Hi all,

None to suprisingly Im back and stuck with my broadband setup. Having

bought
the Draytek Vigor 2600We I have attached all cables as per the

instructions
Im unable to access the internet. All the lights on the vigor are

correctly
lit and I even have a small symbol on my taskbar stating that a 100Mbps

LAN
connection is available. I have tried running the Smartwizard from the
supplied software and it states that it can't find my router?!. Any ideas
anyone?

Perhaps best to point you towards
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/v2600_shooter.html

Let us know if you are still having problems.

This is also very helpful:

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Old July 7th 03, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mist

Andrew Hall scribed to us that -
Hi all,

None to suprisingly Im back and stuck with my broadband setup. Having bought
the Draytek Vigor 2600We I have attached all cables as per the instructions
Im unable to access the internet. All the lights on the vigor are correctly
lit and I even have a small symbol on my taskbar stating that a 100Mbps LAN
connection is available. I have tried running the Smartwizard from the
supplied software and it states that it can't find my router?!. Any ideas
anyone?

Okay. Have you set the default route on your network card to the IP of
the router?

Can you view the router in IE?

--
Mist.
http://www.misthaven.org.uk/blog/
Old July 8th 03, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hall

Thanks for all the suggestions, something must have worked since my
connection is up and running beautifully! Now to work out this wireless
business....