Setting IP and DNS

Old July 7th 03, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eusty

Default Setting IP and DNS

Leave it as it is, although it's a static IP it's assigned by the ISP (but
it's always the same!), some routers won't work if you assign it yourself.

DNS servers can be assigned if you want to use a different pair.

Brett... wrote:
My router is currently set to dynamic IP address allocation and
dynamic DNS servers - "Get Automatically From ISP"
Everything works just fine.
My ISP has given me a static IP address and lists its DNS servers.

Are there any advantages in actually entering the IP address and DNS
server details into my router? If so, what are they?

--

(`._. All Outgoing Mail Scanned With Norton Anti-Virus 2003 ._.)