Working out subnetmask

Old July 8th 03, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
HonkyDog

Default Working out subnetmask

Hi all, not sure if this is the right fora, but it's related to my
continued 'fight' :P with my 510v4 so hopefully someone may have the
answer.

I've got 14 static IP's but and not sure what the subnetmask would
need to be after the initial IP (the gateway) is added to the config
file. According to Eclipses Multi static IP example 6 IP's have the
netmask of /29

i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/29

does anyone know off hand what 14 would be - the calculations for this
are a bit 'complex' and I think it's along the lines of 24 or
28.....but a second opinion would be good.

regards
HD
egards
HD

To mail me directly remove the relevant words :P