Finding your exchange

Old July 8th 03, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Broomhall

Default Finding your exchange

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:35:52 +0100, "Simon J. Rowe"
wrote:

Can anyone point me at where I can find the name of the exchange that serves
a particular line? There used to be a web site that would estimate the
distance for you but it seems to be no longer available.

If you have a particular line in mind post the exchange code and
the first 2 digits of the number and I'll see if I can find it.

Regards,
Harry.

Old July 8th 03, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon J. Rowe

Harry Broomhall wrote:

If you have a particular line in mind post the exchange code and
the first 2 digits of the number and I'll see if I can find it.

But I'm trying to find which exchange serves the village of Wicken, Cambs. I
think it's Soham (which has just reached its trigger, hurray!).

On a related note how long will it be before a RFS date is given?

Old July 8th 03, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Broomhall

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:17:25 +0100, "Simon J. Rowe"
wrote:

Harry Broomhall wrote:

If you have a particular line in mind post the exchange code and
the first 2 digits of the number and I'll see if I can find it.

But I'm trying to find which exchange serves the village of Wicken, Cambs. I
think it's Soham (which has just reached its trigger, hurray!).

So post an example set of digits. It is possible to identify the
exchange from these digits. I assumed you were asking about your own
line!

Regards,
Harry.