Finding your exchange

Old July 8th 03, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Customer Support

Default Finding your exchange

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:35:52 +0100, "Simon J. Rowe"
wrote:

Can anyone point me at where I can find the name of the exchange that serves
a particular line? There used to be a web site that would estimate the
distance for you but it seems to be no longer available.

You should be able to stick the number into BT's ADSL checker at
http://www.bt.com/broadband/, this should give you a response which
says:

For Telephone Number 01... on Exchange WHATEVER

In the first line of the checker. I wouldn't know how you would
measure the distance but remember that the actual physical distance to
your exchange may have no bearing on the actual line length other than
setting a minimum length.

Regards

Josh
--