SSID

Old July 8th 03, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BRG

Default SSID

"Andrew Hall" wrote in
:

Hi all,

Trying to configure my computer for a wireless connection to my
Vigor2600We adsl connection. I need the SSID of my PCI card but
have no idea how to find this. Im using a Toshiba wireless LAN
card and XPpro. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Andrew

Set the Vigor's SSID, then configure your wireless adapter to use it:
open Network Connections, right click the wireless connection and
select Properties then the Wireless tab.

--
BRG
===
Old July 8th 03, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hall

The Vigors SSID is currently set at 'default'. I cannot find a 'wireless'
tab option within my Wireless Network Connection tab. I have a 'General' tab
displaying the 'Toshiba wireless mini PCI card' is selected in the
connection box as well as the TCP/IP, client for MS networks etc options.
The other tab is 'advanced' containg the firewall option.

There is a configure option for the PCI card and the tabs in this mode a

General - allows me to enable the device
Advanced - select channel or card power management
Driver - driver updates
Resources - allowing me to alter IRQ, IO range.

Any ideas how I tell it to access the vigor?