Draytek Vigor2600X and SDX INDEX BRI

Old July 8th 03, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
kevin[dot]kenny

Default Draytek Vigor2600X and SDX INDEX BRI

Hi All,

I am deploying a Vigor 2600X into a site with a SDX INDEX switch and was
planning to use ISDN until their ADSL is enabled (next month). The ISDN
in question is being presented from the SDX Index switch and this is
causing some grief.

I have tested the router using ISDN on a normal BT ISDN2e NTE and it
works a prefectly. But when it's connected to the SDX it won't dial out
even though the BRI port is definitely enabled - I am seeing the D
channel as UP on the router and another piece of equipment on the site
already functions ok on the same BRI port on the Index - I did a swap to
ensure that I was actually attempting this on a known good port.

The number being dialed is 08440416672 which is Demon.

The telco feed to the SDX on the customer premises is THUS (3 x ISDN30
over DASS).

I have tried prefixing the dial out number to the ISP with and without a
'9' - i was not confident that the staff on site actually knew whether a
9 prefix was required to get out.

The logs show -

Cause Code #0 (unknown) and a message about 'no AOC' (advice of
charging?) when dialing with a 9 prefix

or....

Cause Code #1 (unallocated (unassigned) number) and a message about 'no
AOC' without the 9 prefix.

Any ideas?

As i said earlier this all works just fine on BT's ISDN presentation.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Old July 8th 03, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Wand106

"
The number being dialed is 08440416672 which is Demon.

The telco feed to the SDX on the customer premises is THUS (3 x ISDN30
over DASS).

I have tried prefixing the dial out number to the ISP with and without a
'9' - i was not confident that the staff on site actually knew whether a
9 prefix was required to get out.

The logs show -

Cause Code #0 (unknown) and a message about 'no AOC' (advice of
charging?) when dialing with a 9 prefix

or....

Cause Code #1 (unallocated (unassigned) number) and a message about 'no
AOC' without the 9 prefix.

Any ideas?

As i said earlier this all works just fine on BT's ISDN presentation.

Hi,
I don't know this particular system, but I do have some ISDN/Router
experience so I'll give you my tuppence worth, I have been in this situation
quite a few times myself :-)

Firstly I would try dialling the demon number from an extension on the
system, this would answer some of your questions, ie is it barred? Do THUS
carry 0844 numbers?(I'm not sure they do) also this may tell you whether
you need a 9 or not, but just cos you do on the extensions doesn't mean you
do on the S bus.someone could have done something 'clever' with the routing
on the system, so to overide it (if the system allows) dial 914700844 this
will either be totally barred, or most probably go straight out to the
carrier.

you could try putting in another ISP's 0207/0845 number, just to see if it
works, it won't authenticate but at least it will connect so you know you
are a stage further.

Hope this helps,

Wayne

Old July 8th 03, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
kevin[dot]kenny

Wand106 wrote:
"

[...]

Wayne,

Thanks for all that. I'll check all that out tomorrow. I checked with
the Demon staff about the 0844 number and they said that it is carried
by THUS - I suppose they should know given that Demon are THUS....maybe.

I had a problem about 5 years ago with a smaller Index and its BRI card
where the installer left it with one BRI port requiring a powered inline
terminator (!?) on the S-Bus and another without but they never told us
or documented it...imagine the fun we had with that trying to get our
kit to work.

Today when I was told we were to utilise the a port delivered from their
Index my heart sank. I've come across so many undocumented,
misconfigured switches left in the hands of 'administrative' staff who
neither have the time, inclination or interest to get things working
when you need bit more than a voice extension or a voicemail box. Grrrrr.

Thanks
Kevin