Faster broadband

Old July 9th 03, 09:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

Default Faster broadband

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, It's Me wrote:

I currently use BT broadband, 576kbps downstream, half that up.

I'm looking for something a little faster now. BT could only offer a
business package which would set me back a whopping 129.99 a month. Does
anyone know of a service offering a meg downstream, and half a meg upstream
at a cheaper price? A static IP address would be nice too.

I don't think you'll get 512K up on any BT based product as the max
upstream on all of their products - both home and business - is 288K.

Lots of ISPs are offering 1Mb and 2Mb Home ADSL products. We're one of
them.

Our 1Mb Home ADSL offering with static IPs is 39.99 per month inclusive
with a 35.00 activation fee (discounted from 70 for July only).

If not, would it be possible to get 2 BT lines in and 2 different ADSL
connections and somehow link them up?

There is a thread in this newsgroup about doing this.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/ ADSL Broadband available now