USB and NIC

Old July 9th 03, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default USB and NIC

I have connected the two PC's via a peer to peer network. Both PC's can ping
each other. I have enabled Internet sharing in the proerties of the cable
modem. But I still can't access the internet from the 2nd PC.
From: "T"
Subject: Setup 2 PC's to share broadband
Date: 09 July 2003 10:21

I have a telewest blueyonder broadband connection on a WinXP PC, using a USB
port. How do I conncet my 2nd Win98 standalone PC to share the broadband
connection?

Old July 9th 03, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

From: "T"
Date: 09 July 2003 10:21

I have a telewest blueyonder broadband connection on a WinXP PC, using a USB
port. How do I conncet my 2nd Win98 standalone PC to share the broadband
connection?

There are a couple of things that you need to check.

From the second PC try pinging an external address.
ie PING www.bbc.co.uk
If this fails as unknown address, you need to change the DNS address in
the second PC to the address of the first PC.

If the ping result was "Timed out" or "host unreachable" you need to set
the default gateway of the 2nd PC to the address of the first PC.

Hope this helps, graham.