Wireless access point/ethernet bridge - What is the difference?

Old July 9th 03, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SpikyJoe

Default Wireless access point/ethernet bridge - What is the difference?

(Sorry you'll have to use a Fixed font)
I want to implement something like this:

+----+
| |
+-------| PC |
+-----+ ethernet | |
DSL +-------+ ethernet | |----+ +----+
=======| MODEM |----------| HUB |
+-------+ | |----+ +----+
+-----+ ethernet | |
| +-------| PC |
ethernet | |
| +----+
/---\
| X |
\---/

+---+ +---+
| Y | | Y |
+---+ +---+
| |
ethernet ethernet
| |
+----+ +----+
| | | |
| PC | |XBOX|
| | | |

The Modem will be a Vigor 2600. (I do not intend to buy a WE because
it only supports 11Mbs)

At positions (X) and (Y) I wish to place a WiFi link. Can I use three
ethernet bridges or does (X) need to be a wireless access point.

Or

Have I completely missed the point.

Thank you in advance.

Mark