ADSL Move

Old July 9th 03, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasper

Default ADSL Move

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:19:26 +0100, Les Desser ]
wrote:

I have a client that is moving offices shortly. He has installed a new
line there with a temporary number which he will change on the day of
the move to his existing fax number.

Can he install ADSL on this new line and then later change the number or
will that cancel the ADSL?

snip

Les,

A number change is ok as long as no other details change, i.e. the
name the line is in or parts of the address etc........we do these all
the time and they do NOT cancel the adsl...............

Jasper

Old July 9th 03, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Jasper
writes
wrote:

I have a client that is moving offices shortly. He has installed a new
line there with a temporary number which he will change on the day of
the move to his existing fax number.

Can he install ADSL on this new line and then later change the number or
will that cancel the ADSL?

snip

Les,

A number change is ok as long as no other details change, i.e. the
name the line is in or parts of the address etc........we do these all
the time and they do NOT cancel the adsl...............

Thanks to you all - including Robert's joke
--
Les Desser
Old July 9th 03, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Maskill

"Les Desser" ] wrote in message
In article , Jasper
writes
wrote:

I have a client that is moving offices shortly. He has installed a new
line there with a temporary number which he will change on the day of
the move to his existing fax number.

Can he install ADSL on this new line and then later change the number or
will that cancel the ADSL?

snip

Les,

A number change is ok as long as no other details change, i.e. the
name the line is in or parts of the address etc........we do these all
the time and they do NOT cancel the adsl...............

Thanks to you all - including Robert's joke

Yes I must admit it was not a serious answer!!!

Pleased you got the information you wanted thought.

--
Robert Maskill G4PYR Located in Peterborough Cambridgeshire
Personal web site www.coastalradio.greater-peterborough.com

Old July 11th 03, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Jasper
writes
wrote:

I have a client that is moving offices shortly. He has installed a new
line there with a temporary number which he will change on the day of
the move to his existing fax number.

Can he install ADSL on this new line and then later change the number or
will that cancel the ADSL?

snip

Les,

A number change is ok as long as no other details change, i.e. the
name the line is in or parts of the address etc........we do these all
the time and they do NOT cancel the adsl...............

Thanks for that - very comforting, though I still have this nagging
worry as in an other newsgroup the ISP concerned has said

/quote/
In our experience, changing any one of telephone number, account holder
details or physical line can result in BT ceasing the associated ADSL
service from the line.
/end quote/

--
Les Desser
Old July 11th 03, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

In article , Jasper
writes
wrote:

[...]

Just to go against the flow, I have known at least 2 occasions where
that has happened in the last 3 years....

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 11th 03, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasper

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:27:56 +0100, Les Desser ]
wrote:

snip
Thanks for that - very comforting, though I still have this nagging
worry as in an other newsgroup the ISP concerned has said

/quote/
In our experience, changing any one of telephone number, account holder
details or physical line can result in BT ceasing the associated ADSL
service from the line.
/end quote/

Les,

Any one of the above WILL result in loss of service apart from a plain
renumber of the line. This is transparent to Openworld's systems -
just let them know when the renumber has taken place so they can
update their records.

Old July 13th 03, 12:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Jasper
writes
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:27:56 +0100, Les Desser ]
wrote:

snip
Thanks for that - very comforting, though I still have this nagging
worry as in an other newsgroup the ISP concerned has said

/quote/
In our experience, changing any one of telephone number, account holder
details or physical line can result in BT ceasing the associated ADSL
service from the line.
/end quote/

Les,

Any one of the above WILL result in loss of service apart from a plain
renumber of the line. This is transparent to Openworld's systems -
just let them know when the renumber has taken place so they can
update their records.

Thanks. We will go ahead with switching phone numbers between the old
and new line.
--
Les Desser