my vote 4 broadband website

Old July 9th 03, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eddie Grant

Default my vote 4 broadband website

Not trying to be offensive, but if I were you I would completely redo the
whole site make it:

1. Easy to use
2. Simple
3. Easily accessible
4. lose the cursor trail
5. make sure the text appear next to the button
6. add a live tracker for the stats, I cant remember where i got mine but
you can get them
7. Maybe use a few different fonts
8. Don't put too much info on, make it easy to quickly read through
9. Don't try and cram it with 'fancy' plug ins and scripts
10. Have a look at some other campaign sites and see how they've done it

11. Probably most importantly get a proper domain, go to www.dot.tk, get a
free domain, eg www.broadband4cricklade.tk, so you can advertise it more
easily as people are more likely to remember that address.

Old July 9th 03, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
was gio, now vinnieza

"Eddie Grant" wrote in message
Not trying to be offensive, but if I were you I would completely redo the
whole site make it:

1. Easy to use
2. Simple
3. Easily accessible
4. lose the cursor trail
5. make sure the text appear next to the button
6. add a live tracker for the stats, I cant remember where i got mine but
you can get them
7. Maybe use a few different fonts
8. Don't put too much info on, make it easy to quickly read through
9. Don't try and cram it with 'fancy' plug ins and scripts
10. Have a look at some other campaign sites and see how they've done it

11. Probably most importantly get a proper domain, go to www.dot.tk, get a
free domain, eg www.broadband4cricklade.tk, so you can advertise it more
easily as people are more likely to remember that address.

ohhh I liked the funky mouse :-( but some other people said the same thing
so I only put it on some pages which don't have a lot of writing.
I haven't got a domain yet and a web host with no adds, because it's a test
site and I can take all the suggestions in and redo my proper site.
thanx 4 the suggestions.
also what do you thinks good on it?

Old July 9th 03, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
was gio, now vinnieza

"HamMan" wrote in message

[...]

I agree with eddie grant,
you need to simplify the site structure by removing all extra scripts and
objects.

Consider using flash to bring in more exciting animations and fonts (if

you
are into that sort of thing), but still be carefull to not 'congest' the
page with items.

View my efforts at www.hammedia.tk and click on the

'Broadband4Kessingland'
Logo

Frontpage may not be the best program to use for a design as complex as

this
site. If you have a copy of Macromedia Dreamweaver use that, but as a low
cost alternative you could try Word or Publisher.

One last thing, some pages have thier text pushed a long way down the page
by your navigation buttons, you could try putting them in a transparent
table, or moving you navigation into a top of left frame.

HamMan

I see what you mean, by making it simple, but it's good for my first
website. (well I think it is anyway).
thanx 4 the suggestions

Old July 11th 03, 07:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
was gio, now vinnieza

6. add a live tracker for the stats, I cant remember where i got mine but
you can get them

what do you mean about a live tracker? is it a hit counter?
thanx