virgin broadband

Old July 9th 03, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Connor

Default virgin broadband

Hi All
just signed up to Virgin for their BB service, is anyone out there with it
is it any good?

Cheers

Old July 9th 03, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

just signed up to Virgin for their BB service, is anyone out there with it
is it any good?

If it`s as good as their dialup you`ll be happy, but you`re asking a bit
too late now you`ve already signed up !
Old July 10th 03, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Hearn

"Nick Connor" wrote in message
Hi All
just signed up to Virgin for their BB service, is anyone out there with it
is it any good?

In future, I would suggest asking this question BEFORE signing up....

Old July 15th 03, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dialakey

"Nick Connor" wrote in message
Hi All
just signed up to Virgin for their BB service, is anyone out there with it
is it any good?

Cheers

Been with them since it first started (well about 3 days in, but amongst the
first 1000 and got the free champagne to prove it!)

An excellent service, I am only aware of one single one-hour outage in over
9 months.

Had a fair bit of hassle with my Netgear DG814 router, but that wasn't
really VNets' fault. (Something to do with packet fragmentation, which
Netgear just couldn't seem to get right in any release version - beta
versions usually worked fine!)

Note, I did NOT take VNs sugested USB modem- with one of those, your milage
may vary....

Nothing much to loose either by trying it, there's no 12 month contract
crap; month by month you can stay or go.

PS VirginNet seem to be re-selling the NTL(I) service/capacity.....

Old July 15th 03, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hall

Agree with all the below, just recently joined VN broadband having been a
dial up customer. Ordering over the net was simple, they keep in touch with
occasional e-mails to confirm activation day which they (or BT) stuck to. No
problems with service at all. Went for a different modem/router option to
make use of wireless.

Andrew

Old July 16th 03, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Just gone live today with Virgin. All seems well BESIDES terrible
line
noise. I am using the same microfilters which I used when I was on

BT
openworld which was fine !

All help appreciated.

C S

"Andrew Hall" wrote in message
[...]

If you are sure that your equipment is not faulty then report the
problem, bearing in mind that if it is tracked to your kit then you
will be charged. DSL lines can go noisey due to relatively minor
faults & you also stand a chance of being put onto a faulty port on
the exchange equipment.

--
B-)
Life is pain.....