Zen

Old July 10th 03, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rex Jefferson.

Default Zen

I note that the Zen Internet news server is once again down
it beats me why they just do not dispense with it now has they have
undoubtedly now proved that they are incapable of maintaining it .
Rex .
Old July 11th 03, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monty

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:05:39 +0100, "Stevie Boy"
wrote:

" I note that the Zen Internet news server is once again down

Up and running at present.

it beats me why they just do not dispense with it now

My sentiments exactly. See my notes in zen.support. Get on with life and
sort out the new!!

Steve

I think that Zen is now heading at full speed to the bottom of the pit
Steve I have just tried to phone them and got some stupid recorded
message saying contact Zen by email or some such nonsense !! .
Monty .
Old July 11th 03, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stevie Boy

" I think that Zen is now heading at full speed to the bottom of the pit

I think they realize this Monty and hence movement of gear to bigger
premises.
While this will undoubtly cause some major disruption to the network it
should be done at hrs that will cause the least disruption to customers AND
within a period of time not bits and pieces at their own will which seems
more the case hence major dismay amoungst us all.

Steve I have just tried to phone them and got some stupid recorded
message saying contact Zen by email or some such nonsense !! .
Monty .

Hmm bad news if thats during their working hrs. Feeling of stress on their
part with to many calls in complaints me feels..

Just 1 clear explaination on the current *upgrade* work and expected time
outs would I think keep us happy provided it was all tied in to a organised
*switch* over.

Aving said all that I had some jolly nice download speeds from Microsoft
last night.. the best Ive seen.
There praise for the boys!! (smile while you can!)

Steve

Old July 12th 03, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cordelia

Stevie Boy posted the following to uk.telecom.broadband:

" I think that Zen is now heading at full speed to the bottom of the pit

I think they realize this Monty and hence movement of gear to bigger
premises.
While this will undoubtly cause some major disruption to the network it
should be done at hrs that will cause the least disruption to customers AND
within a period of time not bits and pieces at their own will which seems
more the case hence major dismay amoungst us all.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record %
We've had no email from Zen in almost a year giving warning of
possible reduced service or prompt that an error has happened and
is being fixed.

Likewise have there ever been any posts to zen.announce in the
same period ? Silly question really, as zen.support also
has had no updates. I've not been able to read the thread
"Unbelieveable less than 8 hrs retention!" because it appears
that news is being expired after 4 hours across all groups.

Just 1 clear explaination on the current *upgrade* work and expected time
outs would I think keep us happy provided it was all tied in to a organised
*switch* over.

Exactly, upheaval is to be expected, but a regular progress report
is always welcome so that alternate arrangements can be made!

Zen have posted a couple of messages to the Zensupport site but hidden away
from the old latest news items and several clicks deep.
We need to hunt []

http://www.zensupport.co.uk/service_status/ADSL.asp?headlineid=2884
http://www.zensupport.co.uk/service_status/index.asp?headlineid=2881

Aving said all that I had some jolly nice download speeds from Microsoft
last night.. the best Ive seen.
There praise for the boys!! (smile while you can!)

Steve

Yes full speed, even few news messages.

Cordie
Old July 12th 03, 01:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,zen.support
Monty

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:28:30 +0100, "Stevie Boy"
wrote:

I think they realize this Monty and hence movement of gear to bigger
premises.
While this will undoubtly cause some major disruption to the network it
should be done at hrs that will cause the least disruption to customers AND
within a period of time not bits and pieces at their own will which seems
more the case hence major dismay amoungst us all.

Come on Steve its pretty obvious by now that Zen only operate between
9am and 5.30 pm
Hmm bad news if thats during their working hrs.

4.30 pm this afternoon to be precise but I forget Zen employees start
putting their coats on at 4.30 so they can shoot through the door spot
on 5.30 .
Feeling of stress on their
part with to many calls in complaints me feels..

Possibly .
Just 1 clear explaination on the current *upgrade* work and expected time
outs would I think keep us happy provided it was all tied in to a organised
*switch* over.

Exactly lack of communication is the whole crux of the matter .
Aving said all that I had some jolly nice download speeds from Microsoft
last night.. the best Ive seen.

How does ALL the upgrades for XP 60 odd meg down in less than half a
minute no kidding about two weeks ago and I did get the lot, I nearly
fell off my chair .
Monty .
Old July 12th 03, 02:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,zen.support
Monty

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:23:13 +0100, Cordelia wrote:

[...]

Its looking increasingly like there is only you I and Steve amongst
all of Zen's customer base Corie that have got the guts to stand up
and call a bloody spade a spade .
The rest of the buggers will just sit there saying when the news goes
down never mind we are only paying nearly twenty eight quid a month
and just the same when the connection drops compleatly has mine as
done several times this week four times tonight alone mine as dropped.
Monty .
Old July 12th 03, 02:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,zen.support
Stephen A

"Monty" wrote in message

| Its looking increasingly like there is only you I and Steve amongst
| all of Zen's customer base Corie that have got the guts to stand up
| and call a bloody spade a spade .
| The rest of the buggers will just sit there saying when the news goes
| down never mind we are only paying nearly twenty eight quid a month
| and just the same when the connection drops compleatly has mine as
| done several times this week four times tonight alone mine as dropped.
| Monty .

FFS man, stop moaning.

Old July 12th 03, 04:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,zen.support
Monty

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:42:10 +0100, "Stephen A"
wrote:

FFS man, stop moaning.

And another that rejoices in paying out money for nowt .
Monty .
Old July 12th 03, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,zen.support
Stevie Boy

I told you so.

And you are with now? I noticed your last post about zen and your router
woes was also posted via lineone.

Steve