cable or adsl

Old July 10th 03, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Pilbeam

Default cable or adsl

"wolfie" wrote in message
could some advise on which is faster cable or adsl i am with btopenworld
broadband and i am thinking of changing to telewest broadband which is cable

A lot depends on what you want to do with it. I am a digital camera user so I
upload photo's for printing to several companies. I'm on NTL cable so although
the download speed is good at 600K the upload speed is "only" 128K.I would
prefer to have ADSL (I'm too far from the exchange) as that has 512k download
but 256K upload. With ADSL you also get a greater choice of ISP's