BT Broadband Trigger Level Farce

Old July 11th 03, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Godfrey

Default BT Broadband Trigger Level Farce

BT have set a trigger level of 500 for my local exchange at West
Mersea whilst other exchanges a few miles down the road have had their
trigger levels set at only 150.

How the hell do BT arrive at these figures ?
Old July 11th 03, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EastCoastChipping

"Peter Godfrey" wrote in message
BT have set a trigger level of 500 for my local exchange at West
Mersea whilst other exchanges a few miles down the road have had their
trigger levels set at only 150.

How the hell do BT arrive at these figures ?

Quite a complex and technical way:-

-
--
---
-----

The above represents the size of straws used... :0)

Old July 11th 03, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Lewis

"Peter Godfrey" wrote:

BT have set a trigger level of 500 for my local exchange at West
Mersea whilst other exchanges a few miles down the road have had
their trigger levels set at only 150.

My local exchange at Long Ashton (campaign site www.failand.org.uk)
had the good fortune to be given a 150 trigger in the new list, and as
there are over 2000 lines, I hope we will soon reach it.

Combining exchanges was mentioned by BT in setting the new triggers.
Is this a technology or an accounting measure?

--

Mark W. Lewis, North Somerset, UK

www.failand.org.uk

Old July 11th 03, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EastCoastChipping

"Mark Lewis" wrote in message
My local exchange at Long Ashton (campaign site www.failand.org.uk)
had the good fortune to be given a 150 trigger in the new list, and as
there are over 2000 lines, I hope we will soon reach it.

Good Luck, you will get there if you stick with it!!

Combining exchanges was mentioned by BT in setting the new triggers.
Is this a technology or an accounting measure?

To be honest Great Yarmouth is enabled, Caister-On-Sea is about 1-2 mile
from Yarmouth, it just got a trigger of 500 (stupid level for such a small
village) now Ormesby has a smaller trigger and is about 4-5 mile from
Yarmouth, now the Back Haul for Ormesby will come off Yarmouth so work that
out, I can`t..

Old July 11th 03, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stevie Boy

BT have set a trigger level of 500 for my local exchange at West
Mersea whilst other exchanges a few miles down the road have had their
trigger levels set at only 150.

How the hell do BT arrive at these figures ?

---------------------

They are making up for the lower trigger levels they have recently set for a
considerable amount of exchanges. :-)

They must be feeling the force... overworked and underpaid as they say.

Steve

Old July 12th 03, 08:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave Stanton

How the hell do BT arrive at these figures ?

Quite a complex and technical way:-

-
--
---
-----
------

The above represents the size of straws used... :0)

I thought it was done using the numbers on a dartboard g.

Dave

Old July 12th 03, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Jones

BT have set a trigger level of 500 for my local exchange at West
Mersea whilst other exchanges a few miles down the road have
had their trigger levels set at only 150.
How the hell do BT arrive at these figures ?

It seems to depend on whether they need to dig a new trench or not. I think
for the higher trigger levels like 500 it means that BT will need to lay a
new cable out to the exchange, which is expensive. For the lower trigger
levels (eg. 150), they probably already have a connection of sufficient
capacity to the exchange, and would just have to install the ADSL hardware.

Old July 13th 03, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:58:24 +0100, "Chris Jones"
wrote:

BT have set a trigger level of 500 for my local exchange at West
Mersea whilst other exchanges a few miles down the road have
had their trigger levels set at only 150.
How the hell do BT arrive at these figures ?

It seems to depend on whether they need to dig a new trench or not. I think
for the higher trigger levels like 500 it means that BT will need to lay a
new cable out to the exchange, which is expensive. For the lower trigger
levels (eg. 150), they probably already have a connection of sufficient
capacity to the exchange, and would just have to install the ADSL hardware.

Careful, that sound awfully like logic. And reasonable too.

Neither of which are wanted by the whingers :-)

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Beware of barking dogs that bite.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old July 25th 03, 01:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Furniss

wrote:

BT have set a trigger level of 500 for my local exchange at West
Mersea whilst other exchanges a few miles down the road have
had their trigger levels set at only 150.
How the hell do BT arrive at these figures ?

It seems to depend on whether they need to dig a new trench or not. I

think
for the higher trigger levels like 500 it means that BT will need to lay

new cable out to the exchange, which is expensive. For the lower trigger
levels (eg. 150), they probably already have a connection of sufficient
capacity to the exchange, and would just have to install the ADSL

hardware.

Careful, that sound awfully like logic. And reasonable too.

Neither of which are wanted by the whingers :-)

Maybe he should change line providers :-)

He is obviously getting a bum deal out of his current one - all those years
paying the same as his neighbours to find out he got a crap exchange & they
got a good one.

I guess if BT sold cars you'd have to pay the price of a porche and then
draw a ticket from a hat to see if you got porche or a skoda.

Andy.