cable or adsl

Old July 11th 03, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Hurley

Default cable or adsl

wolfie wrote:
could some advise on which is faster cable or adsl i am with
btopenworld broadband and i am thinking of changing to telewest
broadband which is cable

Telewest are okay if you don't mind being disconnected for no reason,
even though you did nothing wrong. Avoid at all costs.

Remember: BT are making a profit, Telewest are making a loss. Enough said.
--
I may be tolerant, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Old July 11th 03, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Hurley

Izi wrote:

As for other issuesrice,customer support,content,reliability,etc..
you might find other competitors like blueyonder,tiscali much more
attractive then BT.

The problem with Blueyonder is they're not, strictly speaking, a
competitor. They provide a monopoly service over their own
infrastructure. This means they are at liberty to treat customers as
they wish.

With ADSL, you are less likely to find the kind of arrogance you get
from Blueyonder as it's much easier to take your custom elsewhere.

If other suppliers were able to use Telewest's or NTL's networks it
would be a different story.

--
I may be tolerant, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Old July 12th 03, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave F

Steve Hurley offered the following:

wolfie wrote:
could some advise on which is faster cable or adsl i am with
btopenworld broadband and i am thinking of changing to telewest
broadband which is cable

Telewest are okay if you don't mind being disconnected for no reason,
even though you did nothing wrong. Avoid at all costs.

Like your homophobic abuse you mean? Is that what you call no reason?

Old July 12th 03, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Hurley

Dave F wrote:

Like your homophobic abuse you mean? Is that what you call no reason?

Evidence? I thought not. Why don't you go back to the freaks on
blueyonder.discussion.general? There's a good chap.

--
I may be tolerant, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Old July 13th 03, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Hurley

Dave F wrote:

I have plenty evidence.

Is that the same evidence as your fellow freak "Millie" was going on
about the other week on here? I'm still waiting, but not holding my breath.

I think you are the odd one out; your use of the word 'freak' only
corroborates your intolerance.

I use the word freak in your case as it's appropriate and based on an
informed opinion. In fact it was another on here who has visited
"blueyonder.discussion.general" that first used the word to describe the
particular bunch of weirdoes there who hide under the "protection" of
the Blueyonder AUP. From what I remember, you are a particularly
obnoxious example.

And I'll post where I like thank you.

Don't thank me.

--
I may be tolerant, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.