ADSL and SMTP email - Demon, Nildram, Zen

Old July 11th 03, 07:55 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom.broadband
mist

Default ADSL and SMTP email - Demon, Nildram, Zen

Tim Anderson scribed to us that -
- Stay with Demon but change the MX record to point to a remote email
server under our control.

I'd probably go for that. You could get a remote email server from
anywhere. http://www.gradwell.com/ for example.

Can you not collect your demon mail by POP3 in the event of a failure
though? I could always do that when I was on dialup, though I'm not sure
how different the setup is for ADSL.

--
Mist.
http://www.misthaven.org.uk/blog/
Old July 11th 03, 10:24 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Anderson

"mist" wrote in message ...

Can you not collect your demon mail by POP3 in the event of a failure
though? I could always do that when I was on dialup, though I'm not sure
how different the setup is for ADSL.

Different. You cannot collect by any means, nor can you discover how
much mail if any is on the relay servers. Hence "black hole".

Tim

Old July 13th 03, 03:22 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom.broadband
che guevara

In message , mist
writes
Tim Anderson scribed to us that -
- Stay with Demon but change the MX record to point to a remote email
server under our control.

I'd probably go for that. You could get a remote email server from
anywhere. http://www.gradwell.com/ for example.

Can you not collect your demon mail by POP3 in the event of a failure
though? I could always do that when I was on dialup, though I'm not
sure how different the setup is for ADSL.

pop3 is possible with adsl from demon but only if you pay more, i
understand
che