Lincolnshire, Cliffside, Broadband Campaign

Old July 11th 03, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Burgess

Default Lincolnshire, Cliffside, Broadband Campaign

For those living in the Lincolnshire Cliffside area wanting to establish
broadband, a new campaign website has been launched;

http://www.cliffside-villages.co.uk

Regards

David

Old July 12th 03, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Allan K

Default Lincolnshire, Cliffside, AND Ruskington Broadband Campaign

http://www.ruskington.net/

Old July 12th 03, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kevin[dot]kenny

Allan K wrote:
http://www.ruskington.net/

Guys,

In our experience the quickest way to get the numbers in is to go and
stand outside your local supermarket/postoffice/etc with a form, grab
people off the street and get them to fill it in - in fact you do the
folling in , just get them to answer the questions. Make sure you get
them to sign it as well then BT can't accuse you of raiding the phone
book. Then go home and plug the data into a random selection of ISP's
registration pages.

Our numbers after 6 months from getting the registration threshhold were
pitiful (160/350) and no matter how many leaflet drops we did people
just can't be bothered to go to their computers and sign up.

In two separate efforts we gained over 200 registrations and made it
past the finishing post. All in the space of four weeks or so. How we
wished we'd tried that tack last year!

As long as you make it clear to people that there's no committment when
they register they'll happily sign up in droves - even those that
haven't got the slightest idea about what the internet is.

Kev