DG824M and Enemy Territory (I am a client)

Old July 12th 03, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Trueman

Default DG824M and Enemy Territory (I am a client)

I have a DG814 and playing as a client of Enemy Territory over the Internet
works great.

My mate on the hand as a DG824M and he is not so lucky. The first time he
starts the game it will download the available servers. But if he toggles
a filter, refreshes the list, or brings up the "Server Info" window, it
stops working. He can no longer list any of the servers.

Netgear support seem to think that it is a "port forwarding" problem. This
doesn't make sense to me. There shouldn't be any inbound connections. And
if it was something like that then why does the first connection attempt
work?

Anyone else experienced this? Anyone got round it?

Thanks.

Chris.
Old July 12th 03, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eddie Grant

Put the filters on, refresh, if that doesn't work exit the game and restart
it

Old July 13th 03, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Trueman

This is the problem. Each time he connects he can only select a game and
play it. Disconnecting from the server, setting a filter, or just bringing
up the "Server Info" dialog all fail to connect.

He's left with having to restart the game each time he wants to play. We
tried a second DG824M and found the same problem. Tried my DG814 and it
works just fine which makes me think that it is a router problem.

Chris.