Caller ID not working with 'filters'.

Old July 13th 03, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clunk

Default Caller ID not working with 'filters'.

Steve Taylor wrote:

My cordless phone will not receive the caller ID when plugged into a
'filter'. However when I plug the phone's base unit directly into the phone
socket, thus removing the filter (and disconnecting Broadband!) the caller
ID works fine.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Steve Taylor

Try the phone in a straight line splitter(T-piece) while the adsl is on
if the phone is a digital dect one it may not need the filter.
I ran both the adsl and my dect phone for ages this way with no
problems, only needed a filter when I attached an analogue phone
on an extension.