Switching ADSL supplier

Old July 14th 03, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

Default Switching ADSL supplier

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Harry The Horse wrote:

I am currently with ClaraNet but am considering switching ISP because of
Clara's inability to come up with a consumer 1Mbit product. What pitfalls
are there in switching supplier? Do all suppliers have equal coverage over
the country? My connection is very reliable & that might be down to Clara
or the fact that I am very close to my exchange. Obviously I'd rather have
a rock solid 512 connection than an unreliable 1024 connection!

My understanding is that while you can migrate between suppliers with
little or no downtime changing from a 512K service to a 1Mb service will
always be treated as a cease and reprovide by BT so there is an increased
risk of considerable downtime.

I've just processed such an order this minute.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/ ADSL Broadband available now