ADSL Filter/Splitters: Sidetone

Old July 14th 03, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Dom Robinson

Default ADSL Filter/Splitters: Sidetone

In article ,
says...
Am I imagining it, or do these devices result in a
higher level of sidetone in the telephone's earpiece ?

What is sidetone?
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/*
Old July 15th 03, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Far

A lot seems to depend on the filter - a cheap Solwise type splitter filter I
had resultde in a slight increase in sidetone whereas the more expensive
Excelsus Z-420UK-A results in no increase.

Regards,
Far

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Dom Robinson" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Am I imagining it, or do these devices result in a
higher level of sidetone in the telephone's earpiece ?

What is sidetone?

Your own voice in the earpiece of the phone when you speak. Very difficult
to get used to its absence (such as on a simplex (PTT) radio system when
using a handset rather than a separate mike and speaker..!)

Ivor

Old July 15th 03, 08:23 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Far wrote:
A lot seems to depend on the filter - a cheap Solwise type splitter
filter I had resultde in a slight increase in sidetone whereas the
more expensive Excelsus Z-420UK-A results in no increase.

Interesting. I've tried the Z-420UK, and a Solwise. Both seen to
increase the level of side tone, marginally more for the Solwise.

Old July 15th 03, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
D Side

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
"Interesting. I've tried the Z-420UK, and a Solwise. Both seen to
increase the level of side tone, marginally more for the Solwise"

Should the issue not be with the AGC and other circuitry in the phone
itself?