Faster and cheaper, 2Mbps ADSL for £37.49

Old July 14th 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Default Faster and cheaper, 2Mbps ADSL for £37.49

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ - top story (at the moment)

http://www2.fast24.net/packages/broadband/

i am VERY tempted to go for the 1mb service for under £28 (27.50 to

be
exact)

I am currently on PIPEX 512k - and have been for about 18months or
so. They have been fine all this time, but i wan tsomething fatser -
and its only 4 quid or so more (less than £4 actually!!)

I am tempted....

Anyone know if the company in question are any good and are PIPEX
planning to release a sub £30 1MB package soon?

cheers

More importantly will you line pass the more stringent line test??

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 19th 03, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"Kraftee" wrote in message ...
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ - top story (at the moment)

http://www2.fast24.net/packages/broadband/

i am VERY tempted to go for the 1mb service for under £28 (27.50 to

be
exact)

I am currently on PIPEX 512k - and have been for about 18months or
so. They have been fine all this time, but i wan tsomething fatser -
and its only 4 quid or so more (less than £4 actually!!)

I am tempted....

Anyone know if the company in question are any good and are PIPEX
planning to release a sub £30 1MB package soon?

cheers

More importantly will you line pass the more stringent line test??

hey all

Finally my exchange is going to be enabled for bb !! I decided to skip
the 512 and 1 mb and go straight for the 2mbps. I know it seems quite
weird to go straight for the most expensive but ive been waiting so
long for bb and Fast24 seem to be offering a very good price for such
a fast service. Apart from those slight problems someone had with
fast24, are they a good provider generally ? Ive heard that their
customer help line costs 50p/min so i hope there arent to many
problems !!.

chris
Old July 19th 03, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stroller

(Chris) wrote in message . com...

Finally my exchange is going to be enabled for bb !! I decided to skip
the 512 and 1 mb and go straight for the 2mbps. I know it seems quite
weird to go straight for the most expensive but ive been waiting so
long for bb and Fast24 seem to be offering a very good price for such
a fast service. Apart from those slight problems someone had with
fast24, are they a good provider generally ? Ive heard that their
customer help line costs 50p/min so i hope there arent to many
problems !!.

It's not their most expensive service - they also do a 6mbps or 8mbps
down service. It doesn't seem weird - there's NO competition with
Bulldog's value at the moment - it just remains to be seen if they can
keep up with demand.

50p a minute would screw me - I'm fairly technical, and don't need to
call my ISP often, but I've bought a couple of new routers lately, and
it has been necessary. 20 minutes on hold at 50p / minute would make
me furiously irate.

Personally, I'm gonna wait & see what the response of other ISPs is
between now & August - if they don't offer something comparable
they'll have no customers left by then..! I'm very happy with
Eclipse's service, and would prefer something with more than 256 up,
anyway: since my iSight webcam arrives soon, I'd be happier with SDSL
at 1mbps than Bulldog's offering.

Stroller.