Wireless repeater

Old July 15th 03, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Coyne

Default Wireless repeater

Wireless Repeater / Relay

Could someone with wireless experience please offer me some advice? I'm
using a DG824M (located upstairs and at the front of the house and not
movable). It gives me good coverage in the house but it does not reach the
back garden with sufficient strength to be of any use. I'm thinking putting
an access point connected to the DG824M at the rear of the house to give me
the range to reach the garden shed. Firstly is it feasible to connect it
straight into one of the DG824M ports or will I run into an addressing
problem. I'm a little unclear how an access point handles the IP addressing.
Will it and the router end up in conflict? Or is there an alternative to
increase the range without moving the router?

Many thanks

John Coyne

Watch the SPAM trap in the return address

Old July 15th 03, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lawrence Wong

"John Coyne" john(.)coyne(at)zen(.)co(.)uk wrote in message
.. .
Wireless Repeater / Relay

Could someone with wireless experience please offer me some advice? I'm
using a DG824M (located upstairs and at the front of the house and not
movable). It gives me good coverage in the house but it does not reach the
back garden with sufficient strength to be of any use. I'm thinking

putting
an access point connected to the DG824M at the rear of the house to give

me
the range to reach the garden shed. Firstly is it feasible to connect it
straight into one of the DG824M ports or will I run into an addressing
problem. I'm a little unclear how an access point handles the IP

addressing.
Will it and the router end up in conflict? Or is there an alternative to
increase the range without moving the router?

I use the D-Link DWL-900AP+ which can be configured as a repeater to give me
wider area/range for my WiFi (with no messy wiring back to the master WAP).