Extended Reach Programme

Old July 15th 03, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
srs

Default Extended Reach Programme

I have been rejected by BT because my house is more than 5.5km distance. Now
BT are trying "Extended Reach Proggramme" which covers upto 6km,i have
applied for it through my ISP "Clara net" who have written to me that BT
will carry out tests to check whether it is possible in my case. I am
holding my breath. Do BT have to come inside my house to check the things?
or only from checking outside they will decide? Is there any thing I can do
to boost my chances and they saying no. I am desparate to get proper BB.
There is no prospect of having cable here either. Any suggestions i will be
grateful.

Old July 15th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:55:25 +0100, "srs" wrote:

I have been rejected by BT because my house is more than 5.5km distance.

bear in mind that its not really a distance test, its a line loss
test.

Is there any thing I can do to boost my chances and they saying no.

Find out when they're doing it, and unplug ALL your telephony
equipment. Dodgy phones, faxes and modems can cause the line loss to
appear higher than it is.

And no, BT don't need to enter your house to test.

Good luck.
Old July 15th 03, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

I have been rejected by BT because my house is more than 5.5km distance.

bear in mind that its not really a distance test, its a line loss
test.

Is there any thing I can do to boost my chances and they saying no.

Find out when they're doing it, and unplug ALL your telephony
equipment. Dodgy phones, faxes and modems can cause the line loss to
appear higher than it is.

And no, BT don't need to enter your house to test.

But they certainly may ask to depending on the results of other
tests/assessments that they have made.
If they get no response they will test from outside.

Michael Chare

Old July 16th 03, 12:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

I have been rejected by BT because my house is more than 5.5km
distance. Now BT are trying "Extended Reach Proggramme" which covers
upto 6km,i have applied for it through my ISP "Clara net" who have
written to me that BT will carry out tests to check whether it is
possible in my case. I am holding my breath. Do BT have to come
inside my house to check the things? or only from checking outside
they will decide? Is there any thing I can do to boost my chances

and
they saying no. I am desparate to get proper BB. There is no

prospect
of having cable here either. Any suggestions i will be grateful.

Make sure that all your telephony equipment is working properly (&
type approved)* & if you have a sky digi box installed it may pay to
unplug it for a few days as they can put strange conditions on the
line occasionally).

*Type approved as some phones can put conditions on the line as well,
as the end user I visited last week found out, just before they got
charged (US phones which were placing a loop condition on the line).

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 16th 03, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Backham

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:25:36 +0100, Mark McIntyre
wrote:

Is there any thing I can do to boost my chances and they saying no.

Find out when they're doing it, and unplug ALL your telephony
equipment. Dodgy phones, faxes and modems can cause the line loss to
appear higher than it is.

But how do you find out when they will do the test? I've been put
forward for the Extended Reach Trial, but the ISP tells me they can't
give me any feedback until they hear from BT. (And this is Nildram,
not some random ISP with poor customer service).