Microfilter and router suppliers.

Old July 16th 03, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

Default Microfilter and router suppliers.

Hi

Our Village exchange is being enabled in October, And as I will be
back in the job market again after spending the last 8 months looking
after my Daughter, I am looking to provide a local service installing
ADSL the technical side is not a problem haveng spent the last 22
years in the industry designing Voice and data solutions.

What I am looking for is suppliers of microfilters Modems and routers
at competitive prices. Initial quanties will be low proberly 100
filters and 5 - 10 modems and routers.

Our Trigger was 400 so in theory there are at least 300+ potential
customers.

Any info would be appriciated. either reply here or email direct.

Also does anyone know of any PC based Ip switchs that support NMS
cards as the asterix doesnt or does anyone want to swap some dialogic
cards for NMS 8 port cards.

Ian Plain

www.cyber-cottage.co.uk
Old July 17th 03, 07:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:33:33 +0100, "Ian Nelson"
wrote:

I thought Conexant had loads of issues?

That sounds awkward but I am just interested because I am about to plunge in
to broadband and was looking at routers and wireless and had been told not
to go for Conexant but go for Netgear wireless
??

It depends what you require from a router. I am very happy with my
Connexant as are a lot of others.

Andrew.
Old July 17th 03, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart

"Ian Nelson" wrote in message
I thought Conexant had loads of issues?

That sounds awkward but I am just interested because I am about to plunge

in
to broadband and was looking at routers and wireless and had been told not
to go for Conexant but go for Netgear wireless
??

Yes. I wouldn't use a Conexant for myself

But if it is a straightforward installation which is not going to be
'fiddled-with' by the user - then it is IMHO as good as a 'brand label'.

If you pay the extra for Netgear/Dlink etc you get more - but a rule in IT
is the more you have, the more that can go wrong. And it does!

So - if you enjoy fiddling with routers - spend the money, if you don't,
spend it on something else!

--
Stuart