Question about strange grey BT box...

Old July 16th 03, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Default Question about strange grey BT box...

The clues are in the HDSL, and 2Mbit I guess.

I would guess its most likely a 2Mbit connection and the rest are control
LED's for the 2Mbit line.... But I'm sure someone will correct me.

No chance of the "on the cheap" though imo and the line rental would be
somewhat hefty as well - so unless they are big offices with lots of people
or huge bandwidth demands, don't get your hopes up !

On 16/7/03 4:11 pm, in article ,
"MichaelJP" wrote:

We've just moved into new offices, and mounted on the wall in the cellar is
a grey plastic box with a BT logo on it.

The cryptic letters SF/BH-YFQYJ 1 LDLS and NXMA 220960 are stickered on the
front, and down the side are 5 LEDS marked 2MBits/X21, HDSL, TEST, POWER and
ALARM.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Is it by any chance a 10Mbit fibre link that we could get reactivated on the
cheap

TIA,
- Michael