Terrible line interferance

Old July 16th 03, 05:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cap Smith

Default Terrible line interferance

Just gone live today with Virgin. All seems well BESIDES terrible line
noise. I am using the same microfilters which I used when I was on BT
openworld which was fine !

All help appreciated.

C S

Old July 16th 03, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phillip Deackes

In article , Cap Smith wrote:
Just gone live today with Virgin. All seems well BESIDES terrible line
noise. I am using the same microfilters which I used when I was on BT
openworld which was fine !

Just replied to your other post. Try turning off your adsl modem/router.
Does the noise go away? If you switch it back on with the phone receiver
to your ear you will hear the modem negotiating with the remote servers,
then when connected there will be a continual hiss.

I am having the same problem and it happened to me too when I changed to
a different operator. I went with Tiscali. In desperation I changed back
to BT and the noise is still there. I am 99% sure my equipment is not at
fault - like you it was fine before the switch-over.

Everyone says it is not BT and that it was a coincidence that the noise
started when I switched. I don't believe it. I think BT are at fault and
there is nothing you can do about it :-(

--
Phillip Deackes
UK