MRI ADSL Router Problem

Old July 17th 03, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Weir

Default MRI ADSL Router Problem

I have been using my MRI ADSL Router on Demon ADSL for quite some
time, however last night following a power cut my router does not seem
to be working correctly. The ADSL and LAN lights are both on, and the
DHCP is still working ok but I cannot access the System configuration
pages as the 'admin' default password is not being accepted, and the
internet itself is not working. I have tried hitting the reset but
the same occurred.

Can anyone help?

James.
Old July 17th 03, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart

"James Weir" wrote in message
om...
I have been using my MRI ADSL Router on Demon ADSL for quite some
time, however last night following a power cut my router does not seem
to be working correctly. The ADSL and LAN lights are both on, and the
DHCP is still working ok but I cannot access the System configuration
pages as the 'admin' default password is not being accepted, and the
internet itself is not working. I have tried hitting the reset but
the same occurred.

I presume it was not on a surge protection circuit? Power resumption is
often more dangerous than power cuts (which is why all electronic equipment
should be switched off if you have a cut).

Re reset - I would disconnect the phone line & power down the box for a few
hours (overnight if you can wait) and try the factory reset again. If that
fails then I think you already know the answer... and buy a surge
protector - one with a combined telephone protection circuit would be good
belt'n'bracers solution.

--
Stuart

Old July 17th 03, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart

"Stuart" wrote in message

Sorry to follow myself up - but does the MRI have a RS232 connection? I had
router that got itself into a similar state and I managed to nurse it back
to life that way (obviously the mini-webserver had got itself in a knot)....

--
Stuart

Old July 18th 03, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Weir

"Stuart" wrote in
:

"Stuart" wrote in message

Sorry to follow myself up - but does the MRI have a RS232 connection?
I had router that got itself into a similar state and I managed to
nurse it back to life that way (obviously the mini-webserver had got
itself in a knot)....

Hi,

No it doesn't have an RS-232 but unplugging everything overnight and
resetting again did the trick, thanks for your help.

James.