2mb for under £30 - bullbog

Old July 17th 03, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Default 2mb for under £30 - bullbog

top news story at adslguide.org.uk

now i am definitley thinking about the move - peak speeds are

between
6pm and 8am - but its still cheap as chips

anyone have anything to say about the company in question?

how hard would the move from pipex to bulldog be?

Before getting your hopes up to high I think you'll find that the
offer/service is only in specified areas & not ever the whole of the
DSL network...

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 17th 03, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Jenkins

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:19:21 +0100, "Kraftee"

top news story at adslguide.org.uk

now i am definitley thinking about the move - peak speeds are

between
6pm and 8am - but its still cheap as chips

anyone have anything to say about the company in question?

how hard would the move from pipex to bulldog be?

Before getting your hopes up to high I think you'll find that the
offer/service is only in specified areas & not ever the whole of the
DSL network...

Correct, and that is despite their 'checker' leading you to believe
that the service is available.

--
Andy Jenkins
www.btofaq.net
Old July 17th 03, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Gillespie

Andrew Jones enlightened the world by saying on 17/07/2003 20:53:

"Andy Jenkins" wrote in message

Before getting your hopes up to high I think you'll find that the
offer/service is only in specified areas & not ever the whole of the
DSL network...

Correct, and that is despite their 'checker' leading you to believe
that the service is available.

I ordered that today. This is the email I received from them :

------------------------------------
Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for ordering PrimeTime 2000. Your order has been processed. Please
quote order number "xxxxxxxxxxx" with any enquiry.
Your credit card/debit has been charged with the connection fee:
Activation Timing
Our line checker has indicated that service is available in your location.
We estimate that your service will be activated in approximately 15 working
days with exception to AllTime 1000 and AllTime 2000 which we estimate will
take approximately 20 working days. A line test will be carried out
immediately at the exchange to finally confirm service can be provided. In
the event that service cannot be provided we will advise you by email and
any charges made will be fully refunded to you.
------------------------------------

Do they have details of WHICH exhanges they cover?

Old July 17th 03, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mugwump

In an article dated Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:53:53 +0100,
Andrew Jones made the earth move by saying......

[...]

Don't forget also that the price goes back up to their normal price on
1st September (£40 inc vat)
--
Mugwump

To reply, replace INVALID with pipex{dot}com
Old July 17th 03, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Jones

"Mugwump" wrote in message
In an article dated Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:53:53 +0100,

Don't forget also that the price goes back up to their normal price on
1st September (£40 inc vat)

No mate that's wrong. If you order before then you get the full 12months
all at the lower rate. I checked.

Old July 18th 03, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Walker

"Andrew Jones" wrote in message

"Mugwump" wrote in message
In an article dated Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:53:53 +0100,

Don't forget also that the price goes back up to their normal price on
1st September (£40 inc vat)

No mate that's wrong. If you order before then you get the full 12months
all at the lower rate. I checked.

Err, check again?
http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residential/index.asp

Rob

Old July 18th 03, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Jones

"Mugwump" wrote in message
In an article dated Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:53:53 +0100,

Don't forget also that the price goes back up to their normal price on
1st September (£40 inc vat)

No mate that's wrong. If you order before then you get the full

12months
all at the lower rate. I checked.

Err, check again?
http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residential/index.asp

Rob

errr *you* check again Rob

1st Sept 2004 is more than 12 months away isn't it?

Old July 18th 03, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Walker

"Mugwump" wrote in message
In an article dated Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:53:53 +0100,

Don't forget also that the price goes back up to their normal price

on
1st September (£40 inc vat)

No mate that's wrong. If you order before then you get the full

12months
all at the lower rate. I checked.

Err, check again?
http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residential/index.asp

Rob

errr *you* check again Rob

1st Sept 2004 is more than 12 months away isn't it?

I stand corrected :-) so it is! That's the second time in a week I've got
something wrong becuase the year was 04 when I assumed it to be 03!

It seems a damn good deal then. It also seems to be available on my exchange
now which is even better! I wondered if it was showing up on all exchanges
only for you to be turned down later in the order process so I checked a
phone number on an exchange where I know they won't have their own
equipment, and low and behold it didn't offer their prime time services.

So it looks like I could order. Shame I've just signed up with Pipex at my
new address really....
Still at that price it might be worth paying Pipex the £60 I owe them and
moving to Bulldog!

Rob

Old July 18th 03, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Walker

"Mark Gillespie" wrote in message
[...]

AKAIK their availability checker works ok. When I put my phone no in it said
I could have their primetime services but when I put in one for an exchange
that I knew full well they didn't have a chance of owning any equipment in,
it only showed their standard options.

Rob

Old July 18th 03, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Jenkins

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:37:23 +0100, "Rob Walker"
wrote:

when I put in one for an exchange that I knew full well they didn't
have a chance of owning any equipment in, it only showed their
standard options.

What criteria did you use for knowing they would'nt have any equipment
in that exchange ?

--
Andy Jenkins
www.btofaq.net