Bulldog and Newsgroups

Old July 18th 03, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward Holt

Default Bulldog and Newsgroups

I'm interested in the 30 option that Bulldog is currently touting for 2Mbps
off-peak.
At present I'm on 512k with Zen.

What's the binary newsgroup coverage like and is there any download limits?

Old July 18th 03, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Jenkins

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:52:43 +0100, "Edward Holt"
wrote:

I'm interested in the 30 option that Bulldog is currently touting for 2Mbps
off-peak.
At present I'm on 512k with Zen.

What's the binary newsgroup coverage like and is there any download limits?

IIRC there is no newsserver provided by Bulldog. Likewise there is no
email provided by them either.

--
Andy Jenkins
www.btofaq.net
Old July 28th 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maximilian K.

wrote:

I'm interested in the 30 option that Bulldog is currently touting for

2Mbps
off-peak.
At present I'm on 512k with Zen.

What's the binary newsgroup coverage like and is there any download

limits?

IIRC there is no newsserver provided by Bulldog. Likewise there is no
email provided by them either.

Well... yes there is email but you will pay for it.
http://www.my-bulldog.com/ps/home.aspx - look in the lower bottom corner...

It costs 2.93 pm (2.49 "ex. VAT" but my special F*** you goes to those
writing their price "ex. VAT". It's only deception and idiotic marketology.)

They offer "personal portal, (Web, 20MB) e-mail, anti-virus/spam protection,
(20MB) webspace, diary, (Web) text messaging".
I watched their demo, an attempt to create yet another MSN portal

Me, I'd prefer MSN 8 for "complete web solution" even though it's twice more
expensive. Your mileage may vary.

Newsgroups, though, were nowhere to be seen.

--
Maximillian!