Zen or Netgear DG814 - One of them has to go.

Old July 18th 03, 09:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
anc

Default Zen or Netgear DG814 - One of them has to go.

Mike wrote:

I have Zen ADSL and a Netgear DG814 router.

If I disable the LAN and use a dial-up all is well again. If I
reboot the computer, all is well again.

Yesterday, I set up the system through routed IP and all was well
for about 24 hours until it completely died earlier this evening.
The router still showed the 'connected' light, and my machine
showed a connection to the LAN, yet I could not access the
router's web interface.
Any idea how I determine what the fault is please?

You have already determined the fault.
If you use dialup all is well....therefore Zen internet is not the problem
IT IS the configuration of your router.
I am on Zen using an Efficient Networks 8561 router. My router config is set
up with DHCP server enabled on LAN ( which is just about all the default
settings on the routers "easy setup" menu) and I have had no problems. What
you dont say is how you setup your router in the first place, and this is
where your problem is.