Slow modem connection = slow broadband

Old July 18th 03, 09:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon

Default Slow modem connection = slow broadband

Hi,

I was thinking about getting broadband installed, but wanted to know if the
speed of my modem connection would be indicative of the speed of broadband
connection. I can only get a maximum of around 40 kbps on my modem (this is
with the gain on the line at full), so would that necessarily mean I'd get a
slower ADSL connection?

TIA

Jon