A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

ZEN



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 18th 03, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 85
Default ZEN

Surprise surprise the Zen news server is down AGAIN today.
Monty .

  #2  
Old July 18th 03, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default ZEN

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:45:32 +0100, Monty
wrote:

Surprise surprise the Zen news server is down AGAIN today.
Monty .


At least they have made another news server available to Zen users

news.legend.co.uk

Ken



Sweet memory, wafted by thy gentle gale,
Oft up the stream of time I turn my sail.
  #3  
Old July 18th 03, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16
Default ZEN

yes, its down. They are telling people to use Legend's news servers at the
moment, until they sort out the customer facing server at their end. It will
be fixed soon enough though

For more info see:
http://www.zensupport.co.uk/services...sp?serviceid=9

Cheers

"Monty" wrote in message
...
Surprise surprise the Zen news server is down AGAIN today.
Monty .



  #4  
Old July 18th 03, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 85
Default ZEN

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:11:40 +0100, Ken
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:45:32 +0100, Monty
wrote:

Surprise surprise the Zen news server is down AGAIN today.
Monty .


At least they have made another news server available to Zen users

news.legend.co.uk

No mention of this on the support page or have I missed something !
but thanks for the info Ken .
Monty .
  #5  
Old July 18th 03, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 85
Default ZEN

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:16:45 +0100, "Martyn Dewar"
wrote:

yes, its down. They are telling people to use Legend's news servers at the
moment, until they sort out the customer facing server at their end. It will
be fixed soon enough though
The server has experienced a major hardware failure, which requires a full rebuild.

So what's going on here are Zen buying crap hardware or what ! they
seem to be having these major hardware failures with monotonous
regularity.
Monty .
  #6  
Old July 19th 03, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default ZEN

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:19:11 +0100, Monty
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:11:40 +0100, Ken
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:45:32 +0100, Monty
wrote:

Surprise surprise the Zen news server is down AGAIN today.
Monty .

At least they have made another news server available to Zen users

news.legend.co.uk

No mention of this on the support page or have I missed something !
but thanks for the info Ken .
Monty .


There is.....click on the button for news that says "Down" and a
message will pop up.
After 18 months with Tiscali who considered the fact that something
not working was none of the customers business, Zen are a breath of
fresh air to me.


Ken



Sweet memory, wafted by thy gentle gale,
Oft up the stream of time I turn my sail.
  #7  
Old July 19th 03, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default ZEN

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:39:18 +0100, Ken
wrote:
After 18 months with Tiscali who considered the fact that something
not working was none of the customers business, Zen are a breath of
fresh air to me.

Did you have to mention Tiscali Ken you have reminded me of my days
with bloody Localhell and screaming.net !!)))))))))))))).
Monty .
  #8  
Old July 19th 03, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default ZEN

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:45:45 +0100, Monty wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:39:18 +0100, Ken
wrote:
After 18 months with Tiscali who considered the fact that something
not working was none of the customers business, Zen are a breath of
fresh air to me.

Did you have to mention Tiscali Ken you have reminded me of my days
with bloody Localhell and screaming.net !!)))))))))))))).
Monty .

I had no problems with either. It was after Tiscali took over and I
was daft enough to sign up for broadband.
No bills for months at a time and then a big one 90 more than I owed.
ADSL connection slower than a 56K modem
When I started to talk to the BBC for a program my ADSL was suddenly
terminated after I sent a letter threatening to leave if they did not
sort my bills.
Should have known they were up to something when my credit card was
debited a week before
They did me a re all favour looking at their customer forums.

Ken



Sweet memory, wafted by thy gentle gale,
Oft up the stream of time I turn my sail.
  #9  
Old July 19th 03, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default ZEN

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:37:48 +0100, Ken
wrote:
I had no problems with either.

You where lucky then Ken I along with many others had big billing
problems with Localtel but I can honestly say the net service was
perfect it was only the billing side that was rubbish. But all the
same there where quite a lot who where very dissatisfied with the
whole thing .
But I must say I am grateful to Localtel in one way has they
indirectly introduced me to someone who has become a very dear friend
now due to their incompetence, we met up in the Localtel discussion
forum.
Monty .
  #10  
Old July 21st 03, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 44
Default ZEN


"Monty" wrote in message
...
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:57:58 +0100, "Stuart"
wrote:


Zen offers outstanding value if you want a raw connection with lots of

IPs.
I hope my eyesight is not failing but do I see you have wrote here
LOTS OF IP's ? in reality you get five useable not LOTS.


400% more than the average ;-)

That's their USP. Another is the 1 month contract

There are more ISP's now offering 1 month contracts than those that
don't so that is no big advantage .


It is if you are going to leave Zen for a more news orientated ISP. If not,
why not?

--
Stuart


 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2017 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.