ADSL Move

Old July 19th 03, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Rodgers

Default ADSL Move

Voice in the desert: Quiet, isn't it, Les Desser?

I have a client that is moving offices shortly. He has installed a new
line there with a temporary number which he will change on the day of
the move to his existing fax number.

I'll be changing address soon, so I have a similar inquiry.

Can he install ADSL on this new line and then later change the number or
will that cancel the ADSL?

I'd like to move to the new line, at the new address, but keep the
existing ISP account and hostname.

If he cannot do the number change he is going to be without ADSL for two
weeks, as he cannot move his fax number till he physically moves.

In my case, I'm told that it'll be a 10 day period. Anyway, it'll be a
major inconvenience.

I have done a Google search and seem to get some conflicting advice as
to whether a number change once ADSL is installed is possible or not.

Likewise.

Can anyone give a definitive answer?

I have Demon's definitive answer, which leaves me definitively confused.
The only thing I'm sure of is that BT are the source of the problem.
I doubt that's no news to anyone here...
--
URL:http://www.wildcard.demon.co.uk You can never browse enough
Will write code that writes code that writes code for food.
Old July 19th 03, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasper

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:59:32 +0100, Martin Rodgers
wrote:

snip

Can anyone give a definitive answer?

I have Demon's definitive answer, which leaves me definitively confused.
The only thing I'm sure of is that BT are the source of the problem.
I doubt that's no news to anyone here...

If you are only doing a number change and not changing any other
details (billing account name / installation address details) etc,
then this will *not* affect your adsl service.

Jasper